Our Community Assistants, Resident Directors and other student staff are pretty darn awesome. We want to bring some of that awesomeness to our corporate office here in Austin this summer, so we’ve designed an amazing internship opportunity for two students to do just that. But enough about us, what’s in it for YOU?
You get to enjoy a great summer in beautiful Austin, TX, while getting introduced to all of the different departments and roles it takes to be one of the top student housing companies in the nation. Your own corporate desk, working on projects with Senior Leaders, lunch and face-time with our CEO…talk about a resume booster! Learn first hand about how Campus Advantage puts it’s company values of Integrity, Intelligence, Passion and MOJO into action, and participate in projects that will put you ahead of your peers in experience and qualification for a full-time position with Campus Advantage after graduation.
We are looking for interns who would want to participate in any of the following departments: Operations, Residence Life, Training & Engagement, Human Resources, Leasing & Marketing, Marketing Serivice & Creatives, Accounting & Finance, Acquisitions and Investments.
Here’s the Details:
- The internship starts Monday, June 5th and will last through July 28th.*
- It’s a full-time, PAID internship (heck, yeah!) that also includes free housing in Austin.**
- Daily transportation and a travel allowance will also be provided, so you can get here and around debt free.***
So what will I be Doing?
- Our interns will be spending the first several weeks learning about and working on smaller projects within several of our corporate groups (Residence Life, Leasing & Marketing, Business Development, Accounting, Employee Engagement & Training, etc.). At the end of the internship, each student will have a larger Capstone project in an area that most aligns with their career goals.
- Check out the Campus Advantage Corporate Internship Description and the FAQ’s below for more information! You can also email Kelly Vickroy, Director of Employee Engagement & Training at [email protected].
- The application is now available at the link below, and will be open until Wednesday, March 8th.
- Interviews with select candidates will occur throughout the month of March.
- Final candidates will be selected by the end of March at the latest.
*Start and end dates can be adjusted for school schedules.
**Housing is a 2 bedroom apartment which will be shared with another Campus Advantage intern. By submitting an application, you acknowledge that this may result in a coed living situation depending upon who is selected for both positions.
***Interns will share one rental car throughout the entire internship period. Your initial flight to Austin and your return trip at the end of the internship will be purchased by the company.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
How many openings are there? There will be two interns selected for the Summer of 2017.
How does housing and transportation work? The two selected interns will reside in a 2 bedroom apartment provided free of charge by Campus Advantage. They will also have access to one vehicle. The sharing of this vehicle will need to be arranged between the interns, and they will be responsible for the cost of fuel. Interns will be given up to $500 to cover expenses for travel to and from Austin for the internship.
What is the duration of the internship? The internship will be eight weeks long. The start date will be June 6th unless otherwise negotiated based on academic calendars on the quarter system. Exact end dates will be determined after intern selections are made.
Do I need to be studying in the same field as my internship? Not necessarily. The application will ask you to share both why you should be selected and also to explain how this fits into your future career goals, but we do especially encourage those with majors that are connected to particular areas of student housing to apply.
Is this opportunity open to graduating Seniors? Absolutely, and strongly encouraged!
Will I have my job when I return from my internships? Yes, as long as you are a student staff member who has been rehired for the 2017/2018 academic year.
What happens to my apartment (and my rent) while I am gone? You are still bound to your lease agreement (at the employee discounted rate) and will need to ensure your rent is paid on time. You may be able to work with your General Manager to sublease your unit while you are gone, but this is your responsibility.
What is the rate of pay? $12 per hour. 40 hours per week. Don’t forget the free transportation and housing!